The latest issue of SCARY MONSTERS (#104) is now available. Order HERE. You can also track it down at your local Barnes & Noble, but you have to look closely because the "Entertainment" rack where all the monster 'zines are is packed and lots of titles are hidden by other mags.
Here's the 411 from MyMovieMonsters.com, the new publisher of SM:
In #104 we highlight the quintessential creator of monsters for B movies in the 1950s. Paul Blaisdell was a one-of-a-kind monster maker who literally stepped inside his own creations, bringing them to life before the cameras and movie-goers worldwide. We also ask, "Can You Tame the Tingler?" in a review of the William Castle-Vincent Price shock-fest from a scientific perspective. Then there's our music-monster mash up with "Gravesy Gravesem's American Chop 40 Monster Hits Edition." Godzilla fans will appreciate a convenient guide to the 29 G films released by Toho. We also visit with Dark Shadows alumna Marie Wallace and Vincent Price protege David Frankham of Return of the Fly, Tales of Terror, The Outer Limits, and Star Trek. And there's much, much more in 144 vintage pulp pages for Monster Kids of all ages!
"The ghoulish guts of Issue #104 includes:
- Scare Mail
- You May Be a Monster If...
- Strange Days: Thoughts on The Twilight Zone, Ray Bradbury & More
- Can You Tame the Tingler?
- Gravesy Gravesem's American Chop 40 Monster Hits Edition
- Tiny Tales of Terror: Dead Man's Float
- Big E's Bad Movies that Hurt So Good: It! The Terror from Beyond Space
- COVER STORY: Paul Blaisdell: The Strange Creature of Topanga Canyon, Part One
- Raising Hell: Curse of the Demon Revisited
- The Marie Wallace Chronicles
- Alice Cooper and Us Middle-Aged Frankensteins
- Kaiju Korner: The Showa Era's Breakout Year of 1967, Part One
- Irwin Allen's Visions of the Future - Part Two: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Alpha Centauri
- A Thousand Ways the Desert Can Kill
- Dr. Gangrene's Mad Interviews: David Frankham
- Frankenbilly: Granny's Chair
- The Latest Classic Horror and Sci-Fi on DVD & Blu-ray
- Mazza's Scary Stills
- Scary Photo Captions Reader Submissions
- Advertisers and Catalog of Scary Stuff!
- An Artist's Tribute to Paul Blaisdell
Full color cover and vintage B&W content. 144 pages plus cover. Published April 2017 by MyMovieMonsters.com."