Wednesday, May 12, 2010

FM BEAUTY CONTEST ANNOUNCED


FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND magazine continues to market their product with the gusto expected of a newly ressurected and rarin' to go business endeavor. Their latest is a beauty contest of all things. That's right, not a monster make-up, home movie, or special effects contest, but a beauty contest. Hey, I've got nothing against monsters of the softer kind, believe me, and I've got a couple of things in mind right now to prove it (more on that later). In the meantime, it's obvious they've studied their demographics and the hormone pumping fanboy seems to win out as the poster child. As a result FM is looking for three -- count 'em -- three ladies, to be their "scream queens of summer". Contestants can spend ten bucks to enter their photo from now until July 8th, 2010. According to the FM website, "winners will enjoy prizes such as a photo session by Spark Art Photography. Winners will also be premiered in our Halloween issue of FM #252". And, if the tatooed waif depicted in the advertisement at the top of this post is representative of what they're looking for in a "scream queen", then I'm absolutely shrieking! Mind you, I don't have anything against ink, but I think it should be seen mostly inside pen refills if you ask me. So, what is MONSTER MAGAZINE WORLD'S idea of a scream queen, you ask so smartly? I'll let you know very soon.

2 comments:

Prof. Grewbeard said...

i find myself growing fond of this idea...

Mike Scott said...

I think it's lame! What the heck does a beauty contest have to do with monster movies? About as much as a pie eating contest, or a sack race! Don't think too much of their "Franklin Mint" collectibles, either.