Friday, July 16, 2010

SCREEN FACTS ALBUM UPDATE


It appears the tale of SCREEN FACTS ALBUMS is not quite over. Mike from MONSTER MAGAZINES BLOGSPOT was kind enough to inform me that there was indeed a third edition that featured Bela Lugosi's 1931 DRACULA and directed me to Pierce & Ballantine's 2000 edition of MONSTER MAGAZINE & FANZINE COLLECTOR'S GUIDE #2. Sure enough, on page 232 a SCREEN FACTS ALBUM NO. 3 is listed. The editors list the date of publication for the series as "1971-1972?" I purchased my copy of SCREEN FACTS ALBUM NO. 2 at Bond Street Bookstore in Hollywood back in the mid-70s and considered it a back issue even at that time.

Unfortunately, the cover scans for the various magazines in the Guide are large enough to view but small enough to make a decent scan a challenging prospect. I have yet been able to find any additional material on the elusive and short-lived SCREEN FACTS ALBUM series. As a result, I felt compelled to create a "reconstructed" image of the cover of the third edition utilizing several graphics sources. I think it turned out to be a pretty fair representation. Below is the image:

1 comment:

Mike Scott said...

There ya go! That looks like it!

I see #2 the most often, by far. Maybe there was a warehouse find of #2?