Sunday, May 29, 2011

THE END OF THE UNIVERSAL MONSTER LEGACY?

While performing my occasional check on links here at the MYSTERIOUS MANSION's MONSTER MAGAZINE WORLD blog, I came across one dead link that I was hoping I wouldn't ever see. Sadly, the Universal Monsters Legacy at www.monsterlegacy.com has apparently met its demise. For what reason, I cannot say. What's left is a trailer and promo shots for THE WOLFMAN movie on a rather boring-looking page.

Perhaps they were tracking site visits and the the hit count dropped off. Perhaps they thought it wasn't timely enough or newsworthy enough. I can't imagine that it cost them much to run it.


Included in the path of the webmaster's scythe is the "Official Wolfman Site". It is directed to the same new page mentioned.

One can hold out hope that they are going for a re-design. All I can say at this point is that it is heartening to know that Universal, despite it's obvious designs on remaining a viable commodity in the current market, still has the sense to occasionally resurrect its classic monster line in some form or another, in recognition of its humble beginnings -- and in no small part -- to the reasons that got them to where they are today.

1 comment:

Yellow Phantom said...

What a shame! The Legacy site was really well done, and could have been left as a permanent tribute to the entire series of Universal horror films.

I was just at the site about 4-5 weeks ago showing it as an example to some students in class.

Poop.