Sunday, August 14, 2011

ELVIRA'S FIGURE FOR SALE

The ELVIRA, MISTRESS OF THE DARK model kit has finally been, ahem, released. MOEBIUS MODELS is to be commended for what looks to be a superbly-sculpted figure. Oh, and the kit is made from injected . . . plastic. Nary a bit of silicone was used in the process -- well, maybe for a mold release.


I don't normally recommend one hobby storefront or web shop over another, but since MONSTER MAGAZINE WORLD has received a lot of traffic from his site, I say you purchase your Elvira kit from Steve over at CULTTVMAN. Steve's got some cool stuff. Check it out HERE.




5 comments:

Joe Jusko said...

SO bummed!!! I was I was originally approached by Moebius about painting the box art for this kit. Unfortunately, the decision was made to go with a photo for the final art. This would have been such a fun job. The kit really looks great, though!

John said...

Joe, that is indeed a bummer. I could have very easily seen your rendering of Elvira as the box art. They could have added a small photo of her as an inset to include her "official" image. Too bad. I think your contribution would have made it much more collectible, to the point of increasing sales. Oh well, maybe next time . . .

Joe Jusko said...

If I had a nickel for every time something like that has happened. LOL Just the way the industry works.

I finally met her in Phoenix this year and was blown away that she was so excited as the cover I painted for the Marvel Comics adaptation of her movie is her favorite piece of art! She actually had a copy on her signing table. :-) Really NICE woman!

John said...

Very cool, Joe! Thanks for the comments, and watch for an "Elvira Week" here at MONSTER MAGAZINE WORLD sometime in the near future. I've got some clippings from around the time of her original run when I lived in L.A. that I'll be posting.

Joe Jusko said...

I follow your blog. LOVE IT! :-)