Friday, September 23, 2011

HEY! I'M IN G-FAN MAGAZINE!

G-FAN #96 has been out for a few weeks now. This has gotta be one of my favorite issues of late as it contains an article on one of my favorite Japanese monster movies of all time. While Godzilla, Rodan, King Ghidora, and Mothra pretty much top my Kaiju favorites, it's monsters of a smaller kind that I'm talking about. The title? MATANGO, or ATTACK OF THE MUSHROOM PEOPLE to us Westerners. Atmospheric and full of creeping doin's aboard a derelict ship being used for cover by a group of shipwrecked pleasure yachters, MATANGO is allegedly based on a short story by classic weird fiction author William Hope Hodgson ("The Voice In The Night").

There's tons of other good stuff in this issue to roll over your cortexes. So, besides an article about humans turning into walking mushrooms, what makes this issue of G-FAN any more special than another? Well . . . 'cause I'm in it! Yep, my article FAMOUS MONSTERS' COLOSSAL KAIJU INVASION appears on Page 66!

Whether or not you're interested in what I have to say about FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND #256, I suggest you pick up a copy of G-FAN #96 -- Editor J.D. Lees' 'zine is the best one out there when it comes to Japanese Kaiju and related topics.


G-FAN #96 back cover image.


No comments: