Thursday, September 29, 2011

LITTLE SHOPPE OF HORRORS BACK IN PREVIEWS

I noticed that the venerable British horror film magazine, LITTLE SHOPPE OF HORRORS is back in Diamond Distribution's monthly PREVIEWS catalogue. This is the big book of comics and genre books, magazines, toys, apparel, and video that one can pick up at any comics shop.

LSOH was pulled from PREVIEWS because, like a number of other publications, including many independently-created comics, there were not enough pre-orders to meet the minimum. Of course, this cuts off the limb of many an indie publisher, but when you're an industry monster, who cares? I begrudingly shop using PREVIEWS, because it's the only way I can guarantee that I'll get my monthly dose of monster mags. Otherwise, I have to take my chances with Barnes & Noble, which is about the last store with a decent newsstand around. I know I could buy direct in many cases, but budgetary constraints of my own prevent me from doing that for the time being.

In the meantime, LSOH has sent out their periodic sales flyer. This ones for the holiday season -- that's the Halloween holiday season.




No comments: