Monday, June 13, 2016

FEMME FATALES NO. 1 BONUS: BRINKE STEVENS SUBSCRIPTION PHOTO


To show you how much I was hyped on FEMME FATALES magazine, when it first hit the stands I quickly became a charter subscriber. Frankly, I was amazed that a magazine like this would be published. And, when it came from the very distinguished Frederick S. Clark of CINEFANTASTIQUE fame, that was enough for me!

One of the things that got me to subscribe was the bonus offer of an 8x10 autographed photo of Brinke Stevens. Hoo! Haa! My checkbook was out quicker than you could say "Scream Queen"!

Well, pictured here is the photo that I received with issue #2 just a couple of months later (and man, was that a long wait!). Ms. Stevens has rarely looked as svelte as this, don't you agree? And a very nice signature, to boot.

Stay tuned for more FEMME FATALES coming soon!


2 comments:

Jim Clatterbaugh said...

When I worked at Diamond Comic distributors from 1999-2000, Femme Fatales was the number one selling genre magazine through them. Besting Fangoria, Starlog, the Ferry FM, and all the other genre titles being published then. I'm happy to say that Monsters from the Veult was in the top 5.

John said...

An amazing factoid, Jim. And I'm not surprised that MFTV was near the top!