Monday, June 12, 2017

THE QUOTABLE BLOCH

Robert Bloch in a more serious moment.
It's no secret that Robert Bloch was a prolific writer. The proof is in the paperbacks, and shown here is a gallery of the book covers from various sources that illustrated his many tales, including PSYCHO, his most famous. I am proud to say that I have many of the titles shown, and every one of them is an entertaining read.

Bloch is also well known for his quips, including this one that is often cited: “Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.”

Here are a few other quotes from the beautifully twisted mind of the late, great Robert Bloch:

“The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.” 

“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.” 

“Horror is the removal of masks.” 

“So I had this problem -- work or starve. So I thought I'd combine the two and decided to become a writer.” 

“I always carry a pistol when I go [to the New York Public Library]. Never did trust those stone lions.” 

“I haven't had this much fun since the rats ate my baby sister” 

“There's nothing to this telepathy business. It's all in the mind.” 

"Sure God created man before woman, but then again you always make a rough draft before creating the final masterpiece."

“We all go a little mad sometimes.” 




























No comments: