Monday, July 10, 2017

BOOKS I WANT ON MY SHELF (AND A COUPLE OF DVD'S, TOO!)


I am what you might call an omnivorous reader. I'm usually reading several books and magazines at a time and alternate between them when the mood suits me. For instance, right now, among the Military Heritage, Vietnam, and Outdoor Photographer magazines, I'm reading a horror novel, a western novel, Mark Bowden's action-packed Black Hawk Down... and Jonathan Rigby's Euro Gothic. It is superb, thoroughly researched and richly written, and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in the history of German, French, Italian and Spanish horror cinema. That's why I'm excited to see a new version of Mr. Rigby's American Gothic solicited for a release this October. Along with that, here's a few other items that are either published or coming soon that I wouldn't mind having on my bookshelf or video rack.








No comments: